In order to support the implementation of measures set in strategic documents and legislative acts in waste management sector, there is a need to obtain quality data and compile reliable statistics on waste.
The objective of the HRPWD Project is:
- improvement of data and statistics on plastic waste to fulfill reporting obligations on plastic packaging waste and plastic bags,
- collection of certain data necessary to set up a basis for further monitoring on certain plastic products and plastic waste which are subject to the SUP Directive
The purpose is to collect data and prepare reports according to the provisions prescribed in three EU directives:
- Directive 94/62/EC on Packaging and Packaging Waste,
- Directive (EU) 2015/720 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2015 amending Directive 94/62/EC as regards reducing the consumption of lightweight plastic carrier bags and the
- Directive (EC) 2019/904 on the reduction of the impact of certain plastic products on the environment.
In the HRPWD Project, methodologies on data collection prescribed in European Commission/Eurostat Guidances for reporting are respected, as well as requests prescribed in recently adopted implementing acts related to three Directives of interest.